Keeping our children Safe Online
The internet can be a fantastic place for children and young people where they can talk to friends, be creative and have fun. However, just like in the real world sometimes things can go wrong. In school we take the safety of our children very seriously and regularly revisit issues relating to e-safety in our lessons.
Information for our children and families on a wide range of internet safety issues, including the use of social media and how to control what your child views on the internet and what to do if you are concerned about your child's online activity can be found on the links below:
Useful Websites for our Families
Doncaster School Nursing Team - rdash Switchboard: (01302) 796000.
Text only phone (for deaf/hard of hearing): 07771933869
CAHMS Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services - Tel 01302 796161 or single point of contact Tel 01302 566999
Children age 0-5 Health Visitors - Tel. 01302 566766
DMBC School Admissions - Access to online application forms for Nursery, Reception and Secondary school places and also transfers between Doncaster schools.
Young Carer Awareness Day - This year’s theme is Mental Health 31 January 2019
Did you know?
· There are at least 720 young carers in Doncaster- Young Carers are up to age 25
· 1 in 20 young carers miss school because of their caring responsibilities
· 63% of young carers in Doncaster care for their mother
· 21% care for a sibling
Young carers often:
· Help family members to get up, get washed or get dressed
· Do lots of household chores like shopping, cleaning, cooking
· Stay in the house a lot to provide emotional support
· Help with moving about, dispensing medication, sorting household bills
· Support a family member who misuses drug or alcohol
Your teachers and pastoral support are here to help you, if you are struggling with work, let them know that you help to look after someone at home so that they understand your situation.
You don’t need to feel alone the Young Carers team are here for you and provide:
· 1:1 support
· Information and advice
· We make sure that your voice is heard
· Run activities including social groups
Support for you - The Young Carers team are on hand to help and advise you. To speak to someone call 01302 736099
The council has a page on their website which explains the help and support available to you check out what’s on offer at www.doncaster.gov.uk/youngcarers